Tree Crown Lifting
What is tree crown lifting?
Tree crown lifting is the process of removing the lower branches of the tree to lift the height of the tree’s crown and if a form of tree pruning.
In a lot of cases, crown lifting can be specified so the crown sits at a certain height above the ground. Often, tree crown lifting is done in conjunction with tree crown reduction in order to maintain the aesthetics and healthy growth of the tree.
Poorly executed tree crown lifting can result in wounds on the tree that make it vulnerable to disease and decay, which is why it’s important to employ the services of a professional and qualified tree surgeon who understands the biology of the tree they’re operating on.
Benefits of tree crown lifting
There are a number of benefits to tree crown liftings, including:
- Light entry. By lifting the crown of the tree, you can allow more light through to your garden or property without completely removing the tree.
- Access. Tree crown lifting can improve accessibility under the tree, which may be required for anything from garden furniture to vehicles.
- Aesthetics. You can improve a tree’s aesthetics by tree crown lifting, which helps to create a more desirable and uniformed shape to the tree.
How much does tree crown lifting cost?
We can’t give a flat price for our tree crown lifting service because each individual’s circumstances and requirements are different. However, with just a few details, we can give you a FREE quote.
Why choose our tree crown lifting service?
Reliable and dependable
We come with over 13 years’ of experience in tree felling, tree crown lifting and a wide range of tree surgery services
We pride ourselves in offering a professional service at affordable prices, which we can do by working efficiently and effectively
We’re independently qualified and accredited by the NPTC, ARB and CHAS, so we can deliver the highest quality of service.
Speak with the team
For more information about our services, please do not hesitate to get in touch via our online contact form. You can also give us a call on 07742 518324 to speak with us directly
Frequently Asked Questions
As a general rule, the best time of year to crown lift trees is winter when the tree is dormant. Not only is the process quicker and simpler, it also minimises any disturbance to wildlife.
There are some exceptions to this rule as certain tree species need lifting in the summer. For more information on our tree crown lifting service, you can contact us here.
Our process for tree crown lifting is as follows:
- Initial assessment: here we’ll consider the species of tree, the environment it’s in and the height to which we need to lift the crown.
- Begin the lift: next we’ll start the lifting process by removing the lower branches, while ensuring our cuts are clean to avoid damaging the tree trunk.
- Tackle larger branches: larger branches need cutting in stages to reduce stress on the tree and avoid any damage to the tree.
- Assess: finally, we’ll assess the work that’s been done and the shape of the tree to make sure it’s well balanced as aesthetically pleasing
Yes it is, though they do require different treatment to younger trees and, in general, only secondary branches should be removed.
If the tree is not on your land or is protected by a TPO (tree preservation order), then you will need permission from your local council to conduct a tree crown lift.
Being based in Oldham, we are able to cover most of the North West, including: Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Sale, Chester, Chesire, Wilmslow, Leigh, Bury, Bolton, Wigan and Alrtincham.